In today’s competitive business market, a 10 percent off coupon is rarely enough enticement to convince customers to purchase from you versus your competitor. Here are a few creative ideas to spice up your coupons:
- Offer something for free or a “buy one-get one” on a popular item. Customers love these types of deals, and they are a great way to entice people into your business.
- Design your coupons as an “admit one” type of event ticket to save on an exclusive list of items.
- Provide a coupon for a free bonus item or valuable upgrade. For example, purchase a haircut and receive a free shampoo and style.
- Provide a cash value discount rather than a percentage off (such as $10 off a $30 purchase), since a dollar amount is perceived as more valuable because it feels like cash.
- Offer a discount on a complementary product or service to convince the customer to buy other products they hadn’t intended to purchase.
- Provide discounts for specific groups, such as teachers, senior citizens, daycares, or healthcare professionals.
- Offer a scratch-off mystery savings or a secret code with a discount amount that can only be revealed at the time of purchase.
- Provide a discount based on the weather, a local sports team score, or something else relevant to your customers. For example, you might offer a 30% discount if yesterday’s temperature reached 30 degrees (high or low, that is, depending on the locale).
- Ask customers to provide information on the coupon if they want to be entered into a grand prize drawing when they redeem the coupon (or easily track coupon use by using direct mail coupons that already include customer information).
- Distribute coupons with your receipts to encourage follow-up purchases.
- Consider turning your coupon into a discount card or customer loyalty promotion that entitles the user to a regular discount every time they visit, which will encourage them to return again and again for exclusive savings.
- Offer a coupon for free shipping or free delivery, as well as free return shipping for those who are on the fence about purchasing from you.
- Bundle a group of products or services together, showing the itemized pricing for each. Then show a discounted bundle price for value savings when purchased together.
If you’d like help creating the perfect coupons your customers will look forward to receiving, our team of creative experts is here to help. Give us a call today 410-574-0780.